#2 Crossarch

Crossarch

The Sun

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 12:30 AM

POPULAR

It's splendid LCGN02 got it's own new trailer that shows all the new features. But... There are many "but"s actually... Let's just say, if it's ok with Wizatek, then it's ok, but as a trailer in general, the video is really... Below average.

Why? List's right here.

1. Trailer should barely have player's UI in it. Let's be honest, new player won't even understand what's on those bars, they want to see some epic action which only this server offers (aka for example cursed woods, new bosses, etc.). Old LC players already know everything about what's on bars and new items won't make sense to them unless they come into the game to use them on their own.

2. Shots from the first person perspective would show things much more accurately and in a more proper way (without UI ofc). Shots of all the bosses in full height would also be quite nice, as they're unique to this server after all.

3. Music choice... Well ok, it's more of a personal opinion here, rather than general, but I'd not insert any song similar to the used one, I'd rather pick smth epic sounding and instrumental or even orchestral.

4. Text in the video. It's generic, it's inserted in a sloppy way, it's not appealing in general. Could've been a bit more effort

5. Transitions. Same as text, could've been a bit more work here.

As a conclusion (I'm amazed if you read here before you start outraging on my comment): I do not intend to flame the author of a clip or offend him in any way. Neither I am the talented video editor or sorts of. What I'm trying to say here is only my personal opinion with which you're allowed to disagree. All I'm trying to say, I've seen many trailers, and I cannot say this is of an equal quality. This video fits more as a video guide (as which it'd do perfectly fine), but as a trailer, it lacks a couple of things. If you're really interested to what I compared this trailer, I can provide a link right in the next response on demand. It was also an LCGN02 trailer video.

It'll be all from me. You may hate me, throw rocks at me, w/e you want, I don't mind. I wanted to say what I think, and I did it, at least I'm honest about it...

• sherk, Fyxon, XxDarkNemesisxX and 6 others like this

"To shine like the Sun you must burn like it!"

#3 MyGothBitchCameWithAGlock

MyGothBitchCameWithAGlock

Random Nub

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,701 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 08:56 AM

Nah the trailer is 5mins effort. Rather do a good one with nice effects etc. This is more like. Hey it’s a server I play but wanna only put 5mins effort to advertise it.
  • xAang likes this

Hi.

#4 LeXy

LeXy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 10:16 AM

what happened to the event?

#5 Administrator

Administrator