#1 itZXx

itZXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:14 PM

Hello!

Here you will find a guide about colored text in game using "hex colors".

Definition :

Hex key, a tool also known as a hex wrench or Allen wrench, used to drive fasteners. Hex key, a number sign (#) key on telephones (regional term used in Singapore and Malaysia) HEX-rays, abbreviation for high-energy X-rays. Hexadecimal, a base-16 number system often used in computer nomenclature.

Structure :

Hexadecimal codes are made by mixing the colors of red, green, and blue (in that exact order). But it uses a special system of 16 digits instead of 10. Normally you would count 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. But in hex, you count 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A B C D E F.

Basic colors :

Mixing various amounts of each color to create a very broad spectrum.

Red 

Green 

Blue

Color Range :

So 00 and FF are the two extremes here.  It's the numbers in between that get to be tricky to figure out.  So let me put down a couple of examples, and hopefully this'll make more sense.

I listed the number sequence above to count to 16 using hexadecimal.  Now I'm going to use TWO hexadecimal digits, and show you how the sequence goes:

00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D, 0E, 0F, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, 1F, 20, ... etc up to FF.

Are you following me here?

So you can see the range here.  Depending on which pair of letters/numbers you enter, you will get varying degrees of that particular color.

Mixing Colors :

This is the fun part!

If you mix RED and BLUE you get PURPLE, it works exactly the same with codes.

^cFF00FF - PURPLE

RED and GREEN make YELLOW

^cFFFF00 - YELLOW

GREEN and BLUE make CYAN.

^c00FFFF - CYAN

If you mix equal amounts of the all three colors you will get various shades of WHITE.

^cFFFFFF - BRIGHT WHITE

^cAAAAAA - LIGHT GREY

^c999999 - GREY

^c555555 - DARK GREY

^c000000 - BLACK

^c8B4500 - BROWN

^EE7600 - ORANGE

>>Using these codes in LCGN02<<

Before typing the code you have to include CARET " ^ " symbol followed by a LETTER  " c ". It should look like this:

^cFF00FF - MAGENTA

ALL HTML color codes and names can be found HERE.

* tested few, they work in game

** sorry for the long post, I like writing essays

• Zed, IR0N, Dustinh456 and 1 other like this

#2 Dustinh456

Dustinh456

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:11 PM

Thanks! This will be fun I love standing out in the chat lol. no need for a sorry mate :) long posts are descriptive, i followed this perfectly.
  • itZXx likes this